[Grok-dev] Re: Python UK meeting and Django

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed May 7 09:56:34 EDT 2008

Hi there,

Brandon Craig Rhodes wrote:
[easy_install grok]
> You've then wedged yourself: you can't use Grok now by
> trying to import it, but you also can no longer run "grokproject" and
> have the resulting app run, because the easy_install inside the
> buildout apparently becomes terribly confused by the wrong versions of
> things sitting in site-packages, and your Grok project will probably
> not run at all until you've gotten on #grok, asked about what to do,
> and been guided through removing everything starting with "zope" in
> your site-packages.
>
> I think I've helped at least two people in exactly this situation on
> #grok myself.

Does this still happen? I know I ran into this problem with people last
  year, but we're pinning the eggs down now, so installing 'grokproject'
should be unrelated to what's in the site-packages. You'd think that
it'd get the right versions of the eggs, no matter where they are.

If this is still a problem, could you create a launchpad issue on this?
You could simulate this situation with a virtual-env or by using a
custom installation of python.