[Grok-dev] Issue when using grokproject on Debian Lenny

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Fri May 9 04:52:21 EDT 2008

8 maj 2008 kl. 22.58 skrev Brandon Craig Rhodes:

> This brings up an issue I'd wanted to suggest: I think it's
> frightening for normal developers that simple things like missing
> templates produce Grok tracebacks.  I think a special grok_developer
> flag should be necessary to see the traceback from errors that our
> code detects and understands.

I agree. It would be great if one could have the option of less
verbose tracebacks OR if someone could write a service that
recongnises similar tracebacks and suggests what the error might be
based on previous questions (basically a google for tracebacks). A lot
of our problems are solved by looking at tracebacks, but you can't
google them easily.

Mvh Sebastian