[Grok-dev] Re: How are viewlets better than macros?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Fri May 9 15:13:05 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> A 'pagelet' is a page that doesn't render its own layout, so I guess you
> could see it as a light-weight page.

But it *does* render it. It's just that you don't do it through HTML, right?

> I agree that we should make this work with non-pagelet views. We should
> simply tell people not to include the layout there anymore, and that they
> can now use this other way to add layout. This is a nice incremental
> learning step.

The important part is that you don't have to implement the design
twice. If that can be fixed then this is a reasonable solution to the
template language independent theming story, which I left
half-finished. :-/

http://www.colliberty.com/
+33 661 58 14 64