[Grok-dev] Grok Homepage mockup

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Thu May 15 12:25:26 EDT 2008

Works fine on my messed up Firefox 2. In fact it works better than
most other sites.

Looking at it for a while here are some of my views:

1. It looks better than grok.zope.org. Great work Wim!

2. The wording on the left is still too long. How about making the
first sentence large and bolder?

3. Would be great with more whitespace inside the top level tabs
(white text on orange background) and please don't give up on getting
it to work with rounded corners

4. What will happen on a page with longer and fuller text such as a
How-to? The wider menu has 3 "columns", could that become 1 column in
non-homepage pages?

5. (more content than design) In the navigation area on the right it
feels like it's all documentation. In fact, "learning" and
"installing" should be part of documentation in my opinion.

Peter

2008/5/5 wim boucquaert <wim at infrae.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> Included is a mockup of a possible improvement of the landing page/ homepage
> of the Grok site.
>
> The goal was putting more content on the homepage while respecting the
> existing design.
> It scales fluently up until 1024x768.
>
> I hope you guys like it and that it gives inspiration in improving the
> homepage.
>
> Most of the time was spend on testing and fixing it for IE6, 7 and 8 which
> all seem to have a different 'view' on the web.
>
> Tested on:
>
> Linux
> -----
>
> Firefox 3 beta 5
>
> Windows
> -------
>
> Internet explorer 6
> Internet explorer 7
> Internet explorer 8 beta
> Firefox 2.0.0.14
> Firefox 3 beta 5
>
> I would like to have feedback on how it does on Safari.
>
> Regards
>
> Wim

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com