[Grok-dev] grokcore.component into plone

sagblmi laurent.mignon at softwareag.com
Mon May 19 03:42:54 EDT 2008

Lennart Regebro-2 wrote:

> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Godefroid Chapelle <gotcha at bubblenet.be>
> wrote:
>> IIRC, we ended copying code mostly...
>
> Yeah, from Five. :)
>
> --
> Lennart Regebro: Zope and Plone consulting.
> http://www.colliberty.com/
> +33 661 58 14 64
discussions there on the majority of the problems with which I am confronted
in my project. (Sqlalchemy integration, code introspection, less zcml...).
For strategic reasons, we made the choice of Plone for the development of
our project. I convinced that Grok would be a better choice. Because, 90% of
the developed functionalities have nothing to do with content management but
are related to the management of process trade. In short we develop things
"a la Zope3" into Plone with our own persistent layer (full rdbms based
using sqlalchemy, collective.lead and collective.rope), ... So I am very
interested by all that can be re-used from/to Plone, Grok, Zope3.
grokore.component is one thing, z3c.form an other, and your story on rdb
integration is also very instructive.