[Grok-dev] Re: Running grok tests on python2.5

whit morriss d.w.morriss at gmail.com
Wed May 21 10:12:39 EDT 2008

> ps. I do not really want to go into a discussion about whether zope/grok
> shouldn't really be blessed for python 2.5 by now etc. etc. I just think
> it makes sense to fix these two failures.

not really a discussion, more of a caveat, on some 64k machines
(observed on ubuntu and centos), BTrees compile wonky and don't persist
values under 2.5.  With grok, your app will start once fine, and die
inside zope.generations on second start.

got bitten by this in a deployment a few weeks back. using python 2.4
worked fine

-w