[Grok-dev] Re: Upgrade problem "type object 'IRole' has no attribute '__iro__'"

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu May 29 09:56:50 EDT 2008

On 28 May 2008, at 00:08 , Sebastian Ware wrote:
> My bad! I am also adding another traceback below relating to trying
> to open the root management screen.
>
> 2008-05-27T19:01:26 ERROR SiteError Error while reporting an error
> to the Error Reporting utility
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> AttributeError: type object 'IRole' has no attribute '__iro__'

The fact that it says "type object" means that it now thinks IRole is
a (new-style) class rather than an interface. I wonder which IRole
it's talking about. Could you find out where it comes from (e.g.
inspect IRole.__module__)?

> 2008-05-27T19:07:06 ERROR SiteError http://localhost:8080/applications
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> AttributeError: 'CookieClientIdManager' object has no attribute
> 'cookieLifetime'

CookieClientIdManager's cookieLifeTime attribute is actually a class
attribute. So as with IRole, it seems the ZODB isn't finding the right
class when unpickling.

What happens when you add zope.app.session and zope.app.securitypolicy
as explicit dependencies to your application?