[Grok-dev] five.grok failure - 'Invalid value for', 'handler', 'ImportError: Module zope.app.component.metaconfigure has no global defaultLayer'

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Mon Nov 10 04:16:57 EST 2008

sylvain at infrae.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
>> I put five.grok-meta is zcml section too.
>> I didn't know you have to use a newer version of zope.component.
>> I'm lucky, I use the auto compile mo option of zope.i18n. I already
>> use fake eggs and pinned zope.component to 3.4.0.
>> Until now, I only created one grok.View. It works.
>>

>   I even use the newest version of zope.component.
>
>> An other solution is to create your plone product as an egg in src/
>> put five.grok in setup.py's install_requires.
>> Add in configure.zcml :
>> <includeDependencies package="." />
>
>    I don't recommend autoinclude; since you should not include the
> meta.zcml of grokcore.view in Zope 2 (unless you want some bugs). It's
> the responsability of each package to say which extension it depends on
> and which configuration to load. If you want to automatically include
> configuration files, do it only on the top level one, not the
> dependencies (I don't known if autoinclude do that).
>

>    I recommand in your extension to add a:
>
>   <include package="five.grok" file="meta.zcml" />
>   <include package="five.grok" />
>
>   Best regards,
>
>   Sylvain,

I think five.grok should include its meta.zcml itself.

IOW, five.grok configure.zcml should hold

     <include package="five.grok" file="meta.zcml" />

This way, other packages can include only

     <include package="five.grok" />

They do not need to know about internal details of five.grok.

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha) http://bubblenet.be