[Grok-dev] problem with zope.app.testing during installation Grok on Windows XP

Michael Haubenwallner michael at d2m.at
Fri Nov 14 11:13:20 EST 2008

Roger Erens wrote:
> on 12-11-2008 23:54 Roger Erens wrote:
>> I'm trying to install Grok on a freshly installed Windows XP Home
>> system. When running the grokproject command, I get an error with
>> zope.app.testing. Two others have reported this error to me as well.
>>
>> Any advice?
>>
>> IGetting distribution for 'zope.app.testing==3.4.3'.
>
> On #grok, d2m made the suggestion of
>
> easy_install zope.app.testing==3.4.3
>
> easy_install zope.app.file==3.4.4
>
> Should I file a bug report somewhere, since it is a reproducable error
> for those two packages?

This is a bit misleading, the errors occured when installing the
packages outside of grokproject, that is easy_install would just install
the newest dependency files available.

The real problem was that zope.app.testing could not be extracted from
the tarball. See your last posting...

     self._read(readsize)
   File "c:\python25\Lib\gzip.py", line 279, in _read
     uncompress = self.decompress.decompress(buf)
zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing: invalid literal/lengths set
An error occured when trying to install zope.app.testing 3.4.3.

Hth,
Michael

--
http://blog.d2m.at