[Grok-dev] z3c.autoinclude hiding configuration conflict errors(?)

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 15:56:10 EST 2008

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> Today I noticed something strange. z3c.autoinclude appears to swallow
> ConfigurationConflictError errors.
snip
> I did have a quick look into z3c.autoinclude but cannot find an
> obvious culprit... Anyone an idea here? Who wrote z3c.autoinclude? Can
> he/they help?

Hmmm, I think I'm wrongfully accusing z3c.autoinclude here... sorry.

There *is* still weird, but excluding z3c.autoinclude doesn't solve it.
Let me try to explain:

With identical skin registrations in both the foobar package and the qux
package, that depends on the foobar package, and the following
configure.zcml in qux:

<configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
           xmlns:grok="http://namespaces.zope.org/grok">
  <include package="grok" />
  <include package="foobar" />
  <grok:grok package="." />
</configure>

I do not get a conflict error, were I *think* I should get one.

With the following, configure.zcml, I *do* get the conflict error:

<configure xmlns="http://namespaces.zope.org/zope"
           xmlns:grok="http://namespaces.zope.org/grok">
  <include package="grok" />
  <grok:grok package="foobar" />
  <grok:grok package="." />
</configure>

Now, I realise the second configure.zcml is not really correct. You
should *include* foobar and let it do whatever registrations is needs to
do. But still I wonder why I do not get the conflict error then...

Any ideas?

regards,
jw