[Grok-dev] volunteer: update grok.zope.org to include references to python 2.5

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Wed Oct 1 03:21:01 EDT 2008

> Be careful not to confuse the two - we have some documentation double
> at the moment, but if it's in Grok's doc directory that is the place
> to maintain it, not the CMS.

I've just updated the Grok Documentation home page (http://grok.zope.org/documentation/
) so that there are a number of lnks into the Official Grok
Documentation. I deleted the old, outdated copies of the docs which
were inside Plone (so people won't accidentally update the wrong
resource), as well as put an Apache rewrite rule in place to preserve
any old links.

I took a quick pass on the documentation home page at separating the
Official Grok Doc links from the Community Grok Doc links - maybe this
could be a little cleaner, but it's good enough for me :P

We are also running on Plone 3.0.5 ATM - I'm running a dev sandbox
site on 3.1 and it all seems quite happy so I'll probably update the
production site soon-ish.

I don't know about all this Python 2.5 stuff though - this is really
going to make my "Python 2.4 for Life" tattoo look kind of silly.