[Grok-dev] Moving a Zope3 app to Grok

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 16:34:42 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I am moving a Zope3 an application development platform to Grok in order
to provide an easier path for new developers to get started.  This
application is in the very early stages of development so I do not
envision this being a big deal.  Most of my code isn't even hooked up to
the Zope3 machinery yet.

The original project was started using zopeproject.  But of course over
time I have added several dependencies in my buildout.cfg

I installed Grok and started the server and all was great.

I then did a clean svn export of the code and copied into a subdirectory
of the <project>/src/<project> directory.  I didn't overwrite any of the
Grok config files.  Actually there are a couple of subdirs but that
doesn't matter.

When I try to start the Zope server now i see that Martian is doing some
introspecting in the code it found.  This is actually a good thing  I
suppose. :-)

The server fails to start because it found that I am importing pyparsing
in one of my files.  Now of course pyparsing is in my default eggs
directory.
Traceback is:

  File
"/home/tim/.buildout/eggs/martian-0.11-py2.5.egg/martian/scan.py", line
191, in resolve
    __import__(used)
  File "/home/tim/grok/oship/src/oship/atbldr/adl_1_4.py", line 16, in
<module>
    from pyparsing import *
zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"/home/tim/grok/oship/parts/app/site.zcml", line 4.0-4.27
    ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"/home/tim/grok/oship/src/oship/configure.zcml", line 6.2-6.27
    ImportError: No module named pyparsing

My real question is; is there an "automagic" way to do this merge?
Maybe some kind of analysis script I do not know about yet?  Or is this
just going to be a tedious hand editing process for the buildout.cfg and
ZCML files?

Thanks,
Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services