[Grok-dev] grokproject/buildout problems

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Thu Sep 4 18:42:28 EDT 2008

Uli Fouquet, on 2008-09-04:
> The latest release of ``lovely.recipe`` (finally) has the svn link
> replaced by a http-link. However, in the long run, I think that
> ``lovely.recipe`` is a bit 'overdressed' for our purposes. We want only
> some i18n-scripts to be generated and get a bunch of extra functionality
> nobody uses. Beside this we get lots of unnecessary dependencies.
>
> Looking over svn.zope.org, there is the ``z3c.recipe.i18n`` maintained
> by Roger Ineichen which confines itself to do i18n-stuff. Looks like
> what we really want. Unfortunately I could not find it in the PyPI
> repository although an approriate URL in setup.py is set. As a result
> buildout fails to download the recipe. If this recipe would be on PyPI,
> I'd think about switching to it.
>
> Are there any reasons against doing so?

What put me off last time I looked at that package was that the recipe
has a mandatory zcml option, like this:

zcml = <include package="z3c.recipe.tests" file="extract.zcml" />"

I am personally in favour of i18ndude, as that is what I have used in
all my Plone projects.  It has the same base as z3c.recipe.i18n,
namely the scripts from zope.all.locales.

There is not yet a recipe that is built around i18ndude though; I
think I may create that some day if someone does not beat me to it.

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/