[Grok-dev] grokproject/buildout problems

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leorochael at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 09:39:39 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 21:48, Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> wrote:
> [...]
> Maurits van Rees wrote:
>> [...]
>> I am personally in favour of i18ndude, as that is what I have used in
>> all my Plone projects.  It has the same base as z3c.recipe.i18n,
>> namely the scripts from zope.all.locales.
>
> Interesting. It pulls in `plone.i18n`, right? Although this is a very
> Zope 3 compliant package, I am not sure whether we like to have the
> `plone` namespace in Grok.

Personally I'd be thrilled to have a plone namespace package as
dependency. For Zope and Grok it'd reinforce the fact that we are able
to reuse packages from other (although admitedly close) communities,
and for Plone it'd reinforce the message that their packages are
usable outside their ecosystem.

The only problem with plone.i18n is its GPL license:
https://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/plone.i18n/trunk/docs/LICENSE.txt

Cheers, Leo