[Grok-dev] post-0.14-release notes

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 14:17:32 EDT 2008

Hi,

We've just released Grok 0.14. In doing so, I noticed the following:

* grokproject didn't create projects that would require the grokui.admin
package. I added that to the template file for the project's setup.py file.

I bravely committed this change without really being able to run
grokproject's tests, as it is not possible to run the grokproject tests
with a yet-unreleased Grok version. Would it be possible to somehow be
able to run grokproject's test based on a unreleased version of Grok?

* This document:

http://grok.zope.org/project/meta/updating-the-official-grok-documentation-ogd

describes how to update the Grok documentation on the website. This is
great since I almost forgot to do it...

However, we might want to set the permissions/ownership of the doc
directory on grok.zope.org such that the releasemanager can easily run
the commands described in the document (I had to `sudo mkdir 0.14` and
`sudo remove current` and `sudo ln -s 0.14 current` to get things working).

regards,
jw

p.s. All the release documents are really paying off now... it is almost
a simple job now to do the release... :-)