[Grok-dev] heads-up: grokcore.formlib tests fail.

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 02:42:24 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Wichert Akkerman <wichert at wiggy.net> wrote:
> Previously Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>> 2) grokcore.formlib's versions.txt might need to be synced up with
>>    grok's versions.txt (which in turn is synced with KGS 3.4.0)
>
> Does version.txt still have a useful purpose? The reason I ask is that
> as of Plone 3.3 we are now using the package version as reported by
> pkg_resources instead of version.txt, and that simplifies things a bit.

Hmm, I made a silly typo: it should've been *versions.cfg* - the list
of version requirements of the dependencies. This list is most
probably still needed.

I agree that having a "version.txt" file is redundant, we record the
version of the package in the setup.py.

Sorry for the confusion.

regards,
jw