[Grok-dev] Windows install troubles (again!)

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 10:37:36 EDT 2009

I'm willing to help checking out if the install effectively works, if needed,
though I can't guarantee I'll always have time for it though...

To continue on the second problem I had: I patched the package_index.py file
of setup tools to print the url he's trying to open, and I get this:

D:\grok1.0a2>c:\Python25\Scripts\grokproject.exe arts
Enter user (Name of an initial administrator user): grok
Enter passwd (Password for the initial administrator user):
Downloading info about versions...
Creating directory .\arts
Downloading zc.buildout...
open_url for url http://pypi.python.org/simple/zc.buildout/
open_url for url
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/z/zc.buildout/zc.buildout-1.2.1.tar.gz
Invoking zc.buildout...
Develop: 'D:\\grok1.0a2\\arts\\.'
Installing eggbasket.
open_url for url file://c:\docume~1\jm\locals~1\temp\tmputpl6m/grok/
open_url for url file://c:\docume~1\jm\locals~1\temp\tmputpl6m/grok/arts_old
While:
  Installing eggbasket.
  Getting distribution for 'grok==1.0a2'.

An internal error occured due to a bug in either zc.buildout or in a
recipe being used:
[...]

The 2 lines in bold are of concern: /arts_old is a grok 1.0a1 project I have
in d:\grok, but I'm trying to install 1.0a2 in d:\grok1.0a2, so I'm really
wondering why that path is being used there...