[Grok-dev] Windows install troubles (again!)

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Thu Apr 9 13:33:09 EDT 2009

Hi Jeroen,

Uli Fouquet wrote:
> Jeroen Michiel wrote:
> > Next problem while trying to serve:
> >
> >   File
> > "c:\docume~1\jm\buildo~1\eggs\grokui.admin-0.3-py2.5.egg\grokui\admin\docgrok.py",
> > line 39, in <module>
> >     from zope.app.apidoc.codemodule.module import Module
> > zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> > "D:\grok1.0a2\arts\etc\site.zcml.in", line 4.2-4.28
> >     ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> > "d:\grok1.0a2\arts\src\arts\configure.zcml", line 4.2-4.37
> >     ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
> > "c:\docume~1\jm\buildo~1\eggs\grokui.admin-0.3-py2.5.egg\grokui\admin\configure.zcml",
> > line 5.2-5.27
> >     ImportError: No module named apidoc.codemodule.module
> >
> > For some reason zope.app.apidoc is not downloaded, although it is mentioned
> > in the versions.cfg
> > running buildout doesn't seem to try to get it afterwards either...
> >
> > How can I somehow force it to get it?
>
> Strange. I have the same problem here under Ubuntu. Mentioned
> zope.app.apidoc even in setup.py's required packages, but the package is
> not included in the sys.path.
>
> So this is not a windows-specific problem.
>
> I'll tell if I found out what's wrong.

Got it. My problem was different from yours, but I am pretty sure, you
could fix your problem by adding zope.app.apidoc to the requirements of
your setup.py (like Jasper did yesterday). By mentioning it in
versions.cfg you only tell buildout which version to use _if_ the
package is requested. If it is not requested, the version you specify in
versions.cfg does not matter.

The more elegant solution, however, is now to use grokui.admin 0.3.1 as
described in the release announcement :)

Best regards,

--
Uli