[Grok-dev] five.grok - release and tests

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 21:12:41 EDT 2009

Sylvain Viollon wrote:
> Le Thu, 09 Apr 2009 23:55:36 +0800,
> Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>

>   Hello,
>
>> I just went to backport the fix to grokcore.view to avoid registering
>> 'static' resource directories that don't exist. I've made the checkin
>> since it's so simple, but the test buildout fails with:
>>
>> Installing instance.
>> While:
>>    Installing instance.
>> Error: There is a version conflict.
>> We already have: zope.component 3.4.0
>> but zope.authentication 3.7.0 requires 'zope.component>=3.6.0'.
>>

>   Yes. We are going to have lot of problems with that, since all the
>   dependencies are refactored in Zope 3/grok. For that reason I am not
>   sure we can use the lastest version of grokcore.viewlet /
>   grokcore.security. grokcore.component should be safe however, it
>   doesn't have a lot of special dependencies.

I hope we can, at least if we ask people to use fake-zope-eggs and
skip-fake-eggs to upgrade some of the core packages. This is mostly a
documentation issue.

>   But we can't use the new packages, I fear that we are somewhat tight
>   to what Zope 2 ship until Zope 2.12.

Well, this is what happens on a fresh checkout of five.grok, just
running the buildout, so it's currently fully broken. :)

>   Anyway, I started to add few tests, recently, but the existing ones
>   fail for a reason I still don't known (I have to look at what
>   changed).

Thanks!

>   And I would like to add the support for annotations and local sites
>   using five.localsitemanager.

Can we maybe roll a release first and do these in a later release?

Martin