[Grok-dev] Viewlets and viewletmanagers

Souheil CHELFOUH trollfot at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 10:16:22 EDT 2009

Hello,

Lately, i'm using Grok a *lot* for my grok-based CMS and I feel some
weights in the coding process.
Mainly on the viewlets/managers point of view. My remark is the following :
"""if you specify a context on the ViewletManager, you should get this
context as the default context for the Viewlet itself.
Of course, that doesn't prevent you to specify one on the Viewlet
itself, but, it would spare the tedious job to redefine, each time, a
base context for the Viewlets.
I have this case where, very often, the manager and the viewlets are
registered for the same context. Actually, it's 90% of my cases."""

What do you guys think ? Am I totally out of the line here ?

- Souheil 'trollfot'