[Grok-dev] Grok 1.0 final?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Wed Apr 15 03:44:47 EDT 2009

Hey,

Hanno Schlichting wrote:
[snip]
>> Eventually we'll move on to Grok 2.0 development. That should have a
>> radically smaller dependency list. We might also swap in chameleon as
>> the default template language, and hurry.resource for resource handling.
>> I hope zope.pipeline will also be ready by then. Perhaps adopt z3c.form
>> for form handling. But since Grok takes the "megaframework" approach
>> none of these should break the world.
>
> Ok. so Grok 2.0 is what we are going to be interested in.

> We already
> decided to switch to Chameleon as the default and only template story,
> will use z3c.form instead of formlib and I'll want to bring the changes
> from zope.pipeline into the repoze.zope2 story. The Zope Toolkit
> dependency reduction is obviously on our list as well.

I think you're going to be interested in the pieces that are already in
place. If you help us *get* to Grok 2.0 by all means be interested in it. :)

Note that Grok 1.0 has plugins for Chameleon and has support for
z3c.form and hurry.resource works; it's just not in the core. Grok 2.0
is more a matter of what will be the default behavior of Grok in many cases.