[Grok-dev] Migration to 1.0a3 -- and beyond

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:49:36 EDT 2009

Okay,  Thanks to Uli for pointing out the link on PyPi about Grok
startup upgrading (why hasn't this made it to grok.zope.org?)

I know; this is FOSS and I need to pitch in too. But I'm so confused
now.  After fixing my setup.py (beyond what the grok.startup document
says when you are moving from an original 0.14 (1.0a1 didn't complain)
to a 1.0a3 app).

When I try to start the server I  get the following tracceback:
....(portions left out)

  File
"/home/tim/.buildout/eggs/grokui.admin-0.3-py2.5.egg/grokui/admin/docgrok.py", line 39, in <module>
    from zope.app.apidoc.codemodule.module import Module
zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"/home/tim/oshipenv/oship/etc/site.zcml.in", line 4.2-4.29
    ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"/home/tim/oshipenv/oship/src/oship/configure.zcml", line 4.2-4.37
    ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File
"/home/tim/.buildout/eggs/grokui.admin-0.3-py2.5.egg/grokui/admin/configure.zcml", line 5.2-5.27
    ImportError: No module named apidoc.codemodule.module

So I breifly read that this was a problem with the Windows install.  But
I using Ubuntu 8.10

Just FYI to the authors and developers for the versions.cfg.  I
commented out (not removed) the line about:

# Here we pin the recipes and other packages that are not in the
# downloaded versions.cfg of grok
#grokui.admin = 0.3

In order to avoid the previously reported "I can't decide error".

I note that 'apidoc' isn't in the versions.cfg file.  Should it be?

Cheers,
Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services