[Grok-dev] Grok 1.0 final?

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Thu Apr 16 04:20:18 EDT 2009

Le Wed, 15 Apr 2009 23:11:14 +0800,
Martin Aspeli <optilude+lists at gmail.com> a écrit :

Hello,

> > Ah, in template pluggability? The idea is that the
> > default_namespace() function is defined by the base template
> > implementation. Viewlets offer a different implementation that
> > pushes the `viewletmanager`` and ``viewlet`` objects into the
> > template.
>
> Oh right. That was a fun one, by the way. In regular viewlets, the
> viewlet is accessible as 'view' (confusing, perhaps) in the template,
> but in a grok view you use 'viewlet' (better, perhaps).

  I think it's lot better for two reason: viewlet is less confusing
  than view to known which component you address to, and you can
  still access the real view, and since a viewlet adapts a view, you
  can defines methods on your view that you can easily re-use in all
  your viewlet/viewletmanager templates.

  It's more the regular viewlets which sucks at that point.

  Best regards,

  Sylvain,

--
Sylvain Viollon -- Infrae