[Grok-dev] Grokproject - Best Practices??

Kevin Teague kevin at bud.ca
Thu Apr 16 20:38:09 EDT 2009

Yeah, the second approach makes sense.

It's a bit easy to misunderstand grokproject and think that it's a
tool for installing grok-based apps, when in fact it's just a template-
generation tool for a grok-based app and your then supposed to use
buildout with the generated buildout.cfg to perform any future installs.

BTW, on the name 'bootstrap.py', when I was explaining to another dev
the other day what "boostraping" was, I wondered if it might be a
little simpler to explain the purpose of this script if it was re-
named to something like 'install_buildout.py'.