[Grok-dev] grokproject 1.0a4 released

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Apr 17 11:31:16 EDT 2009

Hey,

Behrang Dadsetan wrote:
> I believe megrok.form depends on z3c.widget (which exists on pypi).

In an older version.

> But z3c.javascript does not have any Pypi egg. It is only on SVN.

And in download.zope.org/distribution. What is depending on
z3c.javascript? megrok.form through z3c.widget? What particular bit of
z3c.javascript is it using?

If we don't get access to z3c.widget, we could simply fork the code we
need wholesale into megrok.form. I think that is a reasonable project, as...

> It is a complicated case anyway because it has dozens of different
> javascript libraries. I am not sure anyone asked whether we could
> redistribute them in ZPL nor do we keep track of all the licenses
> developers/users are agreeing to when they use megrok.form or
> z3c.widget.

Hmmm..

An interesting question is how this made it into svn.zope.org in the
first place; it's not supposed to contain stuff licensed other than ZPL
unless special dispensation is made. I wonder whether that happened!

I'll ask on zope-dev.

I think we should refactor bits so megrok.form doesn't depend on a pile
of randomly licensed javascript again.