[Grok-dev] grokproject 1.0a4 released

Behrang Dadsetan bdadsetan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 11:57:33 EDT 2009

2009/4/17 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:
> Behrang Dadsetan wrote:
>> I believe megrok.form depends on z3c.widget (which exists on pypi).
> In an older version.
megrok.form 0.2.5 which is the trunk version still depends on z3c.widget

>> But z3c.javascript does not have any Pypi egg. It is only on SVN.
>
> And in download.zope.org/distribution. What is depending on
> z3c.javascript? megrok.form through z3c.widget?

That is my understanding.

>What particular bit of z3c.javascript is it using?

I am not that familar with the z3c.widget package. But even if there
is direct usage there is certainly _also_ a kind of convenience. You
get access a boat full of javascript libraries (dojo and co.). So even
after an analyses, you will probably only find a part of the use-case.

As a "newbie" I wonder, how would you depend on a javascript package
without including it? You would certainly want some grok packages to
depend on javascript libraries and contribute them to the Zope SVN.
But how to describe that dependency without manual README.txt?

[snip]
> An interesting question is how this made it into svn.zope.org in the
> first place; it's not supposed to contain stuff licensed other than ZPL
> unless special dispensation is made. I wonder whether that happened!
[snip]

So there is no misunderstanding. The project z3c.javascript does
contain a file called LICENSES.TXT which includes the sub-licenses and
the z3c.widget contains a LICENSES.txt to include the TinyMCE.

My concern is whether we find it ok to use megrok.form which looks
like it is ZPL but depends on plenty of other projects that include
non-ZPL stuff. If I am to write installers, I wonder how I am going to
figure out the list of licenses people buy into when using grok and
basic packages like megrok.form, megrok.*, ...