[Grok-dev] progress on megrok.form

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed Apr 29 08:50:43 EDT 2009

Hi there,

Martijn Faassen wrote:

[snip]

> Right, I should declare megrok.resourcelibrary as deprecated. It was
> built on zc.resourcelibrary. But as I used zc.resourcelibrary I got
> somewhat frustrated with its limitations and as a result I created
> hurry.resource (and hurry.zoperesource), which I now recommend for the
> purpose of including resources.
>
> Switching code over shouldn't be overly complicated; typically it's only
> a few resources anyway, and hurry.yui does the heavy-lifting for an
> extensive library like YUI.

So should we go for hurry.resource with Grok and deprecate
zc.resourcelibrary for use with Grok? That would indeed solve some
problems for me at least.

For the orginial problem then a new megrok.datetimewidget (basically
zc.datetimewidget but relying on hurry.resource rather than
zc.resourcelibrary) would make sense?

Then people only using zc.datetimewidget would have an alternative and
in megrok.form we could simply replace zc.datetimewidget by
megrok.datetimewidget.

Or would it be enough to provide that modified widget inside
megrok.form?

Best regards,

--
Uli