[Grok-dev] LDAP authentication and groups

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 7 04:48:00 EDT 2009

Thanks Jens, apparently I'm not that far off the mark with my current
implementation, as I was trying something similar.

Jens Adner wrote:

> Problem is, the event fire up for every View accessing by the user. So
> every View an ldap-connection with a search will open.

That is also bothering me, is there a good way to avoid it? Is it safe to
store the principal in the session data? Currently, I derive from
SessionCredentialsPlugin for the credentials, so apparently the credentials
are stored in the session data and are re-authenticated upon each request,
correct?