[Grok-dev] A thought on the severe local utility problem

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Aug 20 02:30:25 EDT 2009

On 08/19/2009 02:46 PM, Jeroen Michiel wrote:

> In zope.app.appsetup you have the
> * IDatabaseOpenedEvent
> * IDatabaseOpenedWithRootEvent
> * IProcessStartingEvent
> events, so if you wire the reindex code to one of those, I guess that could
> do the trick (with some checking if the index already exists or not).
> Whether that actually is a healthy thing to do, I don't know...

Not having followed closely recently, but: zope.app.generations is
usually the right thing to do. I haven't seen an argument why you need
to reinstall an application when adding indexes. That's a basic use case
that has been supported for years by the underlying infrastructure.

The only thing you might need to do is find the right API buttons to push.

Christian

Christian Theune · ct at gocept.com