[Grok-dev] Grok Based Source Distributions

Tim Cook timothywayne.cook at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 04:37:37 EDT 2009

I have a Grok based project that I want to be able to distribute
platform specific source installation packages.

My testing is being done on Linux x86_64 with Grok 1.0a4.

I tried including the eggs in an eggs directory and that seemed to work
except; oops....none of the C modules built.

So I after much buildout documentation browsing I tried the -o (offline)
option and bootstrap.py (or one of the recipes) complained it couldn't
run in offline mode.

So, I discovered the Using a download cache section of the docs and I
modified my buildout so that all the eggs sources were in a directory
(cache) and I added these lines to buildout.cfg

download-cache = cache
install-from-cache = true

and still had

eggs-directory = eggs

But when executing bootstrap.py or bin/buildout (with or w/o the -o
option) right away I get
Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'z3c.recipe.eggbasket==0.4.1'

So....how do you setup a Grok based project so that no Internet access
is required?

Thanks,
Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services