[Grok-dev] Connections remaining open?

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Dec 5 16:08:30 EST 2009

Jeroen Michiel wrote:
> If I start a debug session I see that the server starts 10 worker threads,
> and that they all handle a request sequentially, so at the 8th request, the
> 8th thread handles the request and needs to open a connection which triggers
> the warning. Is it normal that the idle threads still have open connections,
> or isn't it normal to have 10 threads in the first place?

Just FYI I haven't seen this behavior, but it's quite possible that what
you're seeing is a real problem. The paster stuff might have a few bugs
to work out still.

Can you reproduce this with a fresh grok project?

I hope others can chip in. This sequential handling of threads is
worrying - it should be able to handle at least some threads in paralle.

What platform are you on?