[Grok-dev] Towards grok-1.1a2, Was: testing apps with grok-1.1a1

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 14:20:22 EST 2009

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>>> 2) Do you agree to call the grok-1.1 compatible, ZTK-yfied release of
>>> grokcore.security "1.2.1", even if it really is not a bugfix release per sé?
>> No, I strongly prefer feature releases (1.3) if dependencies have been
>> modified. This is also the policy for the ZTK.
>
> Well, me too.
>
> But the whole point is as I explained that there already *is* a 1.3
> release, that is based on grokcore.component 2.0 and martian 0.12.
>
> We cannot use that version for grok 1.1.
>
> Hence my suggestion to call it - as I do not see another solution at
> this point - 1.2.1. If there're other solutions, that would be even
> better...

Another idea: somehow put the current grokcore.security 1.3 aside (is
this version actually useful for anyone besides "us" anyway?), and call
the next release based on ZTK, version 1.4?

Or, to make the jump from 1.2 to the next more clear, call it 1.2.5?

Or, should we call it 2.0, to indicate an even bigger jump?

I'm running out of ideas...

regards,
jw