[Grok-dev] Towards grok-1.1a2, Was: testing apps with grok-1.1a1

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 16:11:21 EST 2009

On 12/8/09 9:30 AM, Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
>   >  I went through the grokcore.* packages:
>   >
>   >  grokcore.annotation - migrated zope.app.container to zope.container.
>   >
>   >  grokcore.component - no migration necessary.
>   >
>   >  grokcore.formlib - migrated zope.app.container to zope.container (only
>   >  used in tests).
>   >
>   >  grokcore.security - migrated zope.app.security to zope.security. Since
>   >  there is already a grokcore.component-2.0-compatible release for
>   >  grokcore.security, we'll need to make a 1.2.1 "bugfix" release for
>   >  grok-1.1.
>   >
>   >  grokcore.view - was already done.
>   >
>   >  All need releases of course, but if you guys could have a quick look at
>   >  the changes first please...

We forgot about grok.site...

I tried to lift the zope.app.* dependencies from it but got stuck.

I already was able to lift some of the imports from zope.app.component
in favor of zope.location and zope.site. However, when I try to replace:

   from zope.app.component.hooks import getSite, setSite

in favor of:

   from zope.component.hooks import getSite, setSite

the tests won't pass. This is probably easily solved, but I cannot find
it now. Maybe someone has an idea?

When this has been fixed (and released), grok can be released too as the
other grokcore.* packages have been released just now.

regards,
jw