[Grok-dev] Martian and Fake Modules

Paul Wilson paulalexwilson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 08:59:00 EST 2009

2009/12/17 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:
> Hey Paul,
>
> Paul Wilson wrote:
>> I've just released an early version of manuelpi.fakemodule to PyPI
>> [1]. To recap, this allows you to define module's within doctests that
>> are automatically available for subsequent tests. This is tested and
>> works on Martian's README.txt only, on a branch that I've been hacking
>> on recently. [2]
>
> Cool!
>
> One question would be: this functionality looks to be so generally
> useful would it make sense to fold it into Manuel proper? Have you
> discussed it with Benji?

Yes - I've discussed this with Benji as I originally wrote this as a
branch of Manuel. However, he sees Manuel as being primarily a plugin
system, and prefers that extensions are packaged as such.

Thanks for taking a look Martijn; I'll continue reworking the Martian
doctests to use Manuel and the fakemodule plugin.

Regards,
Paul