[Grok-dev] ZTK and zopeapp

Paul Wilson paulalexwilson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 20:39:20 EST 2009

2009/12/31 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com>:
> Cool about the talk - where are you based?

The north of England... I imagine you know Birmingham? About half-way
between there and Scotland :-)

> I'm always happy to supply history on demand, by the way. :)

Thanks! I've seen your keynote talk at DZUG 2006 which was very
interesting, thanks. I'm particularly interested in Zope's
relationship with Python and vice versa - how they influenced one
other. I know some key people from PythonLabs were listed as
contributors to Zope3, and that Paul Everitt founded the PSA - the
precursor to the PSF, and that Jim F was involved in the metaclass
implementation of Python, and that Jeremy Hylton was both leader of
the ZODB project and implemented of nested scopes, and so on.

I find the history of Zope very interesting. I'll fire some questions
your way soon, or even better - try and grab you on IRC :-)

Regards!
Paul