[Grok-dev] SVN Deployment

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Wed Feb 4 10:06:37 EST 2009

On 2/4/09 4:03 PM, Uli Fouquet wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Wichert Akkerman wrote:
>
>> Previously Uli Fouquet wrote:
>>

> [snip]
>
>>> This looks like a serious issue to me. Many of the configuration files
>>> in etc/ contain hardcoded paths and it looks difficult to (re)generate
>>> them using existing buildout-recipes (which would be the first solution
>>> I would think of).
>>>
>> collective.recipe.template is meant to help with situations like this.
>> I use it for exactly this problem.
>>

> Great :-) That really looks like what we need. Thanks, Wichert!
>
> Just two things: could you imagine support for passing the content via
> in-file text like this or similar::
>
>    [buildout]
>    [sitezcml]
>    recipe = collective.recipe.template
>    content =<configure />
>    output = /etc/site.zcml

I can imagine it, but personally I find that just makes buildout.cfg
very hard to read, and you loose syntax checking and highlighting
features from your editor, so I have no intention to implement this myself.

> And the other thing: did you ever experience trouble with Windows based
> environments? I ask only because of the `stat.S_IMODE` calls in the
> recipe and to be sure.

I haven't tested, but I haven't received any bugreports either. Test
feedback would be welcome :)

Wichert.