[Grok-dev] SVN Deployment

Uli Fouquet uli at gnufix.de
Wed Feb 4 10:14:59 EST 2009

Hi Michael,

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Uli Fouquet wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Tim Cook wrote:
> >> The document at
> >> http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/placing-your-grok-project-under-version-control
> >>
> >> used to be correct and was very helpful.
> >>
> >> Now with Grok 1.0a2  we have many issues with deploying an application
> >> via SVN.  There seems to be hard coded paths in many places and I can't
> >> find a tool or switch on a tool that will fix them.
> >
> > Thanks for spotting this, Tim!
> >
> > This looks like a serious issue to me. Many of the configuration files
> > in etc/ contain hardcoded paths and it looks difficult to (re)generate
> > them using existing buildout-recipes (which would be the first solution
> > I would think of).
>
> Don't get what you mean -- with the current zopectl layout (grok-0.14)
> you have parts/zopectl/zope.conf and site.zcml. They too have all
> hardcoded paths.

Yep, but these files are generated by a buildout recipe. Every
developer running bin/buildout gets his/her local paths in this files.
In this sense the paths are not hardcoded. This is not true for the
current files in etc/.

Wicherts recipe could help us out of this :-)

> If you are talking about this:
>   grokproject --svn-repository=REPOS
>
> You could be right, adjusting that to ignore the etc folder or parts of
> it would be next on the list.

That would also be necessary, right. Good, you mention it :-)

Best regards,

--
Uli