[Grok-dev] a nice research project

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Sat Feb 7 12:42:03 EST 2009

Hey,

How one would do such research could be:

* replicate the setup

* place a "import pdb; pdb.set_trace()" in some function (like somewhere
in minidom or ZPT) that we don't understand gets called in this case.

* start grok

* make a request

* in pdb, look at the 'bt' (backtrace), and perhaps use 'up' to walk up
the call chain, trying to understand what is triggering this.

* if you figure it out, please report the why to the list. we can think
about ways to avoid it if it seems silly.

* if you cannot figure it out, please report how you got stuck to the
list, so we can look some more later.

* if the pdb doesn't get triggered, that's interesting too, as why would
it show up in the profile graph then?

There are other possible approaches to investigate this too I'm sure,
this is just one that came to mind.