[Grok-dev] object relationships

Jeroen Michiel jmichiel at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 08:27:19 EST 2009

Martijn Faassen-2 wrote:

> Hey Jeroen,
>
> Can you try the new releases of z3c.relationfield and
> z3c.relationfieldui and see whether they work better? It took me a while
> to get around to this, but the support should be in there now. See my
> other post in this thread for more info.
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn

I tried with the new version, but i have the same issue with applyData:
line 53 in z3c/relationfield/event.py raises a KeyError in updateRelations
on getId:
    rels = list(catalog.findRelations({'from_id': intids.getId(obj)}))
because an ObjectModified event is triggered

If you want to reproduce, try this code (with a few extra's which I'm sure
you'll figure out):

class IBuddy(Interface, relationfield.interfaces.IHasRelations):
    name = schema.TextLine(title=u'The Name')
    buddy = relationfield.RelationChoice(title=u'My Buddy', required=False,
source = BuddySource())

class AddBuddy(grok.AddForm):
    grok.context(grok.Container)
    grok.name('add')