[Grok-dev] How do I get current day as default in interface schema definition?

Steve Schmechel steveschmechel at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 17 08:41:57 EST 2009

I ran into this same problem and was confused by other examples I found in other sample code that are written like you suggest.

Don't these contradict the warning in the "Customising Fields in Grok" how-to, which explicitly states no to do something like this in your add form?  (It mostly warns about changing the field name, but setting the default is included in the example.)

See the "Further Information" section in:

http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/customizing-form-fields-in-grok-forms