[Grok-dev] How do I add Python 2.6 support to Grok?

Alec Munro alecmunro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:26:11 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Martijn Faassen
<faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Alec Munro wrote:
>> Yes, the problem is that 0.4.0 version of eggbasket writes the tarball
>> using "w" instead of "wb". 0.4.1 fixes this, I believe, but until Grok
>> releases a new version, it will keep pulling in 0.4.0.
>
> Where do we lock down the eggbasket version? I thought we didn't lock
> this down (though I'm not 100% sure as I've said in the past we should :).

When GrokProject is installed, it creates:

site-packages/grokproject-1.0a2-py2.6.egg/grokproject/template_paste/versions.cfg_tmpl

Which contains:

z3c.recipe.eggbasket = 0.4.0

I believe someone mentioned a fix to this being in trunk, but I'm not
sure where.

> Running a "buildout -n" might get you a newer eggbasket version; have
> you tried?

No, but next time we go through the process, I will give it a shot.

I will have to discuss it with my boss, but I believe we can assist in
pushing Windows issues. I expect to be deploying Grok to 1 or 2
locations a month over the next year, so I'm in a good position to
provide ongoing testing.

Thanks,

Alec