[Grok-dev] megrok.chameleon template engine

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue Feb 24 11:53:25 EST 2009

Hi there,

To summarize:

* changing a macro would require a server restart.

* changing a normal page's pt shouldn't require a server restart. if
that's broken, it's a bug.

* changing a normal page's pt that uses a macro shouldn't require a
server restart either. Are people implying that it does?

> Well, I think that depends on all of us :-) If we work on it, use it and
> complain often enough, then it can become a real first-class citizen
> with Grok (I wouldn't be sad, if that would happen). I am willing to
> continue the work on it and it would be nice if others would join. Also
> testing, documenting and finding bugs is a commitment in that respect.

Uli's right, it depends on the activity of the contributors. I'd not
even be against making Chameleon the *default* for Grok on the longer
term if it can prove itself. Chameleon is attractive as it's very
similar in behavior in ZPT making the transition easier, and has the
benefits that it is faster and offers some other conveniences and
features. But all this depends on contributions!