[Grok-dev] megrok.chameleon template engine

Sylvain Viollon sylvain at infrae.com
Thu Feb 26 10:50:11 EST 2009

Le Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:28:57 +0100,
Uli Fouquet <uli at gnufix.de> a écrit :

> Hi Sebastian,

  Hello,

> TALES path expressions are _not_ supported currently as far as I can
> see. This also applies to TALES ``exists:`` expressions.

  They are in z3c.pt (which use Chameleon). I did few month ago a
  megrok.z3cpt which provides them for Grok (extension zpt).

  I didn't talk about it because I would like that the chameleon/z3c.pt
  developers defines an API to use their template engine, since the way
  to call them change every two months.

  As well, the non-z3c.pt don't provides the possibility to use content
  providers (provider: expression) I think (if I remember correctly, but
  maybe this changed as well).

  I am waiting to have a final version in a word.

> For me it is much more convenient to write a Python expression than a
> path expression so I do not miss it very much. It was indeed the main
> reason for me to write this extension: getting rid of "python:...".

  I agree :)

  Best regards,

  Sylvain,

--