[Grok-dev] Trying to use buildout from cache in an encap environment.

Bob Perry ROBERT.A.PERRY at saic.com
Thu Jan 8 10:56:30 EST 2009

Hello All-

I am trying to install grok using the buildout process from a download
cache ( I have to install on a non internet
computer ). The problem is that I'm using the encap process which
installs in a package location like
[dir]/hardware-os/encap/grokproject-0.9/lib/python2.4/site-packages.

I modify the ~/.buildout/default.cfg file to point to the encap
location for eggs and scripts. All is well the buildout
proceeds. The eggs and scripts then get linked into the production
area which is the normal
[dir]/hardware-os/lib/python2.4/site-packages. Cool so far, this works.

then I do a: -> grokproject Sample
Enter user (Name of an initial administrator user): grok
Enter passwd (Password for the initial administrator user):
Downloading info about versions...
Creating directory ./Sample
..... <big snip>
./bin/zopectl fg
..... <big snip>
     assert valid_dists_for_package, "No distributions found for
package %s." % package_dottedname
zope.configuration.xmlconfig.ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File "/
volume240/agard/users/perryr/proj/Sample/parts/app/site.zcml", line
4.0-4.28
     ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File "/volume240/agard/users/perryr/
proj/Sample/src/sample/configure.zcml", line 4.2-4.37
     ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File "/volume240/agard/users/perryr/
run/ix86-solaris10/lib/python2.4/site-packages/grokui.admin-0.3-
py2.4.egg/grokui/admin/configure.zcml", line 4.2-4.37
     AssertionError: Multiple distributions found for package
grokui.admin; z3c.autoinclude refuses to guess.

Is autoinclude getting confused about the two locations (encap vs.
regular python path)? Is there some master ZCML or .pth file  that I
need to change?

I can't wait to get this minor issue solved and switch to grok, I'm a
longtime zope2 developer and grok looks like a great next step!

Thanks,

Bob