[Grok-dev] managing the 1.0a releases and grokproject

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman janwijbrand at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:15:27 EST 2009

Jeroen Michiel wrote:
> I'm having this problem right now: I want to install grok 0.14.1, but I got
> the 1.0a1, which doesn't seem to install well on WinXP (yet?)
> How can I force grokproject to get me 0.14.1?

Hmmm, somehow we missed the earlier suggestion to *not* set the alpha a
"current" yet in grok.zope.org/releaseinfo. When doing the release just
now we thought it woiuld actually make sense to have the current point
to 1.0a1 to get exposure.

Jeroen, there's no easy way right now... However, I'm not even sure 0.14
installs more cleanly on XP than 1.0a1.

You could try to use grok 0.14.1's versions.cfg in you newly generated
grok project and run buildout again. Would that help?

regards,
jw