[Grok-dev] Grok 1.0a1 released!

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Jan 9 11:33:03 EST 2009

Hey,

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
[snip]
>> Grok 1.0a1 has the following changes compared to Grok 0.14:
>>
>> * Grok now uses WSGI and paster out of the box. To create a project that
>>   uses paster, update grokproject (``easy_install -U prokproject``) first.
>>

> Just want to say that only grokproject supports the WSGI way atm - so
> this description might be a bit misleading.

Well, grokproject is part of the Grok project. :)

While managing separate projects is very nice, we still want to release
Grok as a unified whole. After all, we have 1.0a1 documentation
mentioning this stuff too. While the code may be in grokproject now when
you install Grok you get WSGI stuff out of the box.

> What i wanted to suggest for some time now is:
>
> - - we should modify Grok to a package only
> - - that is, remove application setup from buildout.cfg
> - - move grokwiki to /grokapps
>
> That way we could concentrate on grokproject being the project creation
> suite and grok the package only. Else we had to maintain project setup
> in both packages.
>
> What do you think?

I think that's a good idea. Note that it's useful to have grokwiki
around to do quick (non-automatic) testing - we'd need some other
strategy to do that easily.

Feel free to work on that, and make an issue out of it on launchpad so
we can keep track of progress.