[Grok-dev] How to do authentication right with Grok

Luciano Ramalho ramalho at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 17:49:35 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com> wrote:
> Hey Andreas,
>
> I think this area is ripe for convenience abstractions (and better
> documentation), but for now you prompted me into writing this tutorial:
>
> http://grok.zope.org/documentation/how-to/authentication-with-grok/

Cool, Martijn!

> I hope people will get together and condense some of this stuff into a
> bunch of higher-level abstractions however.

Yeah!

My demo apps LoginDemo and PlainLogin demo attempt to show the
simplest approaches to authorization and authentication in Grok:

http://svn.zope.org/grokapps/LoginDemo/trunk/
http://svn.zope.org/grokapps/PlainLoginDemo/trunk/

Also, check Kevin Teague's take on what an essential login demo should
look like:

http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/kteague/BabyLoginDemo/

It'd be nice if people who know Grok better than I would update at
least one of the above demos to best current practices.

And please bring on those convience abstractions!!!! (*)

A Happy 2009 to all in Grokkerdom!

Cheers,

Luciano

(*) In zopeland it's better not to wish for higher-level abstractions;
if you do, you end up with concepts like principals instead of
users...