[Grok-dev] 1.01a install trouble on Windows Vista

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Jan 12 14:30:55 EST 2009

Hey,

Seb F-S wrote:
> It seems I can't get grok install work properly. Running "easy_install.exe
> grokproject" gives no output message, but running "grokproject
> mygrokproject" exits with error 13 :
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p21418735/ScreenHunter_01%2BJan.%2B12%2B17.37.gif
>
> There is no buildout.cfg in \mygrokproject\bin\, so no way to have better
> luck with buildout.exe.
>
> Running "python.exe \Scripts\grokproject-script.py mygrokproject1"
> gives another [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> 'c\\users\seb\\appdata\local\\temp\\tpm...'
>
> Did I make something wrong or forget to do something ?

We've been hunting down issues with Grok on Windows (long story short:
we did have it working at some point but we broke it again) recently.

This is a new Windows related error to us, so that's interesting.

I've just released a new version of z3c.recipe.eggbasket which may or
may not help.

I'm also not sure whether you don't need to throw out your existing
collection of eggs to make it pick up this new version. It's configured
in .buildout/default.cfg, which grokproject should have created for you,
but where I do not know - in Linux it's in your home directory. Windows
users please help write some documentation about all this. :)

Thanks for this report! Please do keep them coming, we will not rest
until Grok installs properly on Windows again.