[Grok-dev] Is the Grok Tutorial completed?

Sebastian Ware sebastian at urbantalk.se
Fri Jan 30 03:48:47 EST 2009

I made a prototype for an ERP-system based on Grok. I used Zodb for
documents and an rdb-backend for transactions (each line in an order
would create a transaction in the RDB). This way you can have the
benefits of a rich data model in Zodb and then do all the transaction
analysis and reporting with the RDB.

Anyway, stuff you will want to look into is hurry.workflow,
hurry.query and an ORM (what the sate of ORM in Grok is right now I am
not sure about, but I used the StormContainer in my prototype because
it was easy to get running).

The Zodb has been around for ten years and it is very solid. However,
it lacks some generic data management and reporting tools. Keep that
in mind. I would never do a project without the Zodb, but I am
prepared to create data import/export/reporting myself. Combining the
Zodb and an RDB I think gives the best of both worlds.

Mvh Sebastian