[Grok-dev] Martian incompatibility between 0.11 and 0.12

Martin Aspeli optilude+lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 21:02:48 EDT 2009

Jan-Wijbrand Kolman wrote:
> Martin Aspeli wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The newly released martian 0.12 seems to not support the get_default
>> keyword argument to martian.directive().
>>
>> This breaks grokcore.annotation (and thus five.grok).
>>
>> Is this an intentional change, or do we need some BBB code there?
>
> It is a) intentional and b) noted before that the 0.12 release was not
> yet compatible with anything Grok.
>
> The 0.12 release was made to support the release of repoze, that would
> like to make use of features in it. Grok still needs to be updated to it
> - but that's actually planned for *after* the 1.0 release.

*grumble*, and so do all my custom grokkers and a lot of other stuff.
But I haven't looked at the code. If there was no reasonable way to
retain API compatibility, then I guess that's that.

It does meant that no-one can straddle packages that require 0.11 and
0.12 though, which will likely become a headache.

Martin